Ammonit Company Profile
- 20 years of Ammonit
Ammonit was founded in autumn 1989 in Kreuzberg, Berlin just before the fall of the Berlin Wall. The founders of the company, Josef Schweizer and Christian Melzer, are still actively involved at Ammonit. Since 2008, Vincent Camier has been leading the firm as Managing Director.
- Developing environmentally friendly renewable energies was the objective of the wind energy pioneers. Ammonit designed the first wind computer in 1989 to produce accurate wind energy measurement data.
- In close co-operation with research institutes, such as the Fraunhofer IWES (ISET in Kassel), and a professional network of other wind energy pioneers (e.g. DEWI, Windguard and Cube), Ammonit developed the first data logger, thereby setting standards that are now state-of-the-art.
- The data logger remains our core product. Our development engineers have constantly improved the logger in close co-operation with the production and sales teams, responding directly to the requirements of our customers and the latest research developments. All departments at Ammonit work together under one roof.
- We have continuously expanded our product range as we co-operate with other manufacturers (in particular Thies Clima). In addition to our data logger, we offer a variety of extremely precise sensors, data transfer systems and power supply systems. With our expertise, we can provide bespoke measurement systems, as well as standard ready-for-use measurement systems, to be applied even in extreme weather conditions and remote areas. Our multicultural, bi-lingual sales, marketing and support teams are looking forward to your queries and feedback on how we can offer you even better service.
- Our customers benefit from our growing global partner network. With our partners we market our products in over 100 countries. Frequently our partners are met-mast manufacturers and/or wind consultants, who can offer quick and professional service on location and provide regional knowhow. We provide full service packages for successful measurement campaigns, from offer through to construction and servicing of custom or standard measurement systems. You can find our partners' details in the contact section of our website.
- The wind energy industry has become an important growth market and economic factor, with a continuously growing export volume. Our future outlook is very optimistic. We are in the process of developing a variety of new innovative products that will be launched during the next 12 months. We hope to make you a just a little bit curious!
- We celebrated 20 years in the wind industry in November 2009 and would like to express our thanks to our partners and customers for the successful and trustful cooperation over the past years.
- Ammonit has a quality management system in place and is certified according to ISO 9001:2008. Copies of the ISO documents can be downloaded at Ammonit Downloads.
Our partners not only offer a quick and professional service on location, they also provide regional knowhow. To find a partner near you click here.